The Open Data initiative aimed at solving several challenges Vitens was facing. First and foremost, being able to accurately detect events in their pipeline network; thus, preventing impurities in the water supply and stopping water leaks.
Next to the that, Anchormen set up a data hub for streamlining their data flows and assisted the organization in their quest for data activation by providing them with data scientists trained by our High Potential Program.
Currently we are also working on integrating the Anchormen A.I. Chatbot technology with the purpose of automating business processes and improving customer interaction.
Outline of main client challenges:
- Show the customer that leak-detection within the network is a reactive process that depends on information processing by experienced specialist.
- Analysis of data about pressure, flow, level and water quality sensors in the drinking water supply system.
- Streamlining their data flows, so they would be able to accurately detect events in their pipeline network; thus, preventing impurities in the water supply and stop water leaks.
- Looking into the possibilities of the available data, the abnormalities that this data showed, and the opportunities that this offers to the business operations to improve and speed up communication to customers.
- Assisting the organization in their quest for data activation, to build up knowledge and experience around data & analytics.
- Defining next steps with data to get an intelligent drinking water supply system.